Saturday, November 3, 2007

Walking the Neighborhoods near Election Day!

I have been walking the neighborhoods over the past two months to meet the people of Forks Township. I have met people in all our neighborhoods and had the opportunity to discuss the many issues facing our township.

The election is just days away, and I just wanted to share some of the thoughts and comments of our fellow residents I have encountered on the campaign trail:

1.“Forks Township needs independent thinkers elected to the board.”
2. “I am very tired of the over-development in this township.”
3. “I would like to see the Forks Township budget, so I can understand the costs.”
4. “We do not have enough senior activities.”
5. “I am very worried about over-crowding in our schools.”

I did have some people question my sanity … then they smiled and wished me luck! The message from our residents is simple--we need new leadership to bring innovative ideas to our Board of Supervisors. We must do better!

At the Northampton Community College candidate panel discussion, I heard a very telling quote from a fellow panel member: “The world is run by the people who show up”. I am hoping the good people of Forks show up on Election Day.

If you have any ideas or comments about critical issues facing Forks Township, please share your ideas on our blog or via email at billings2007@att.net.

Get Involved – Every Vote Counts


David Billings

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Best wishes DB!

Steff Gilbert