Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Will Forks Township go "Green"?

 

I was unable to attend the August 14, 2008 Planning Commission meeting due to my father's wedding.  I thought it best that I attend my Dad's wedding. The wedding was a lot of fun! Congratulations Dad!

Between the wedding festivities, I reviewed the Crayola proposal to establish a solar park at their Church lane headquarters. I am extremely supportive of the establishment of the Crayola solar park. I  hope this proposal will serve as a model for other businesses in the Forks Industry parks to go "Green".

Right now, we have two major distribution centers being built in the Fort James III industry park, Weyerhaeuser and Henningsen Cold Storage. As far as I know, both will power their warehouses using a traditional model - by buying power! It would be great if the two companies would consider an solar park to provide a alternate source of energy to power the their warehouses.

The United States is at a cross-roads in its energy policy. We must take every opportunity to implement policies and laws that encourage the use of alternate energy sources.  You know the old saying: Think Globally. Act locally.

Kudos to Crayola for acting locally!

 

Get Involved - Every Voice Counts!

No comments: