Monday, April 20, 2009

It Matters who we elect!

During these troubled economic times, it is important we remain vigilant in our managing our township expenses.  Ever-increasing taxes and municipal costs burden us all here in Forks. You and I need to discuss these issues openly and candidly so we can do something about them. That is what my candidacy for Supervisor is about.

I have walked many township neighborhoods and shaken many hands.  Mostly though, I shared my ideas and listened to the thoughts of folks like you about our town and what to do to make it better.

I do indeed have a deep belief in the importance of civic involvement and of being an active part of solutions.  In fact it is my opinion that the role of local government is to work for the people, and not for personal interest, gain, or ego.

I try to live this conviction.  I serve on the Forks Planning Commission and am an active member of the Township Comprehensive Plan committee. I have held various leadership positions in my church, including three years on the church Vestry. I want to be your township Supervisor.

I carry the message that we cannot continue to conduct business as usual in Forks. We need more responsive and financially responsible local government.

It is critical that newly elected members of the Board of Supervisors be focused on ways to reduce the load our citizens pay for the cost of local government. You deserve no less. You need to be confident that your votes will make a difference for the better in all things Forks.  I

I look forward to discussing these issues with you on the campaign trial.

Get Involved ! Every Vote counts!

No comments: