Thursday, April 30, 2009

Three weeks and counting - Attending Meetings

The election is less than three weeks away and the LV blog-sphere is alive with campaign talk.

Bernie O’Hare’s Lehigh Valley Ramblings has posed a particularly intriguing question: Should Municipal candidates attend meetings? I believe that Bernie O’Hare means before actually winning a slot on the ballot.

I have mulled this issue over during in my 2009 campaign for Forks Supervisor because, as it happens, I have been a regular meeting attendee for years. Seeing only one other regular, and now (write-in) candidate, has been sobering. I am stunned at the lack of interest in what Supervisors do and deal with all the time that is being shown by my Primary contenders.

I guess they know what’s important already and do not need the reminders that being witness to the process would give them. Too much information, right?

My question to Forks voters is:  Does it matter to you that a candidate cannot take the time to attend meetings?  What will happen if these candidates get into office?

Not caring enough to learn about the township issues is not my idea of a candidate’s strength. Is it yours?

 

Get Involved! Every Vote Counts

No comments: