Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time for a Change !

I am pleased to announce my candidacy for Forks Township Supervisor as a Republican in the May 2009 primary.

We continue to face many challenges in our community. As we enter a new era in politics and uncertain economic times, it is critical that we elect leaders who have the courage and leadership skills to create innovative solutions to these new challenges. We need critical public services, updated infrastructure to support our growth, and sound financial policies. We need to continue the tradition of strong athletic opportunities for our children and to develop varied recreational opportunities for our senior citizens. In fact, improving the quality of life for the residents of Forks Township is a key issue facing our community.

My wife, Jan, and I reside in Forks Township with our three children. I am a member of the Forks Township Planning Commission and an active member of the Forks Township Comprehensive Plan committee. I have held various leadership positions in my church, including serving three years on the church Vestry. Currently, I am an executive board member of the Easton Area High School Swimming and Diving Booster Club. I have been active with Easton Area School District Board committees and have been appointed to the 2006 Easton Area High School Local Tax Commission and the 2008 Facilities Utilization Committee that successfully created recommendations to the school board.

I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management from Virginia Wesleyan College, an MBA from Moravian College, and attended Northwestern University for additional executive education. My professional career at AT&T has spanned many years, and I have held various leadership positions within the company. I also served with honor and distinction as a member of the United States Navy.

I believe my extensive community involvement combined with my leadership experience uniquely qualifies me as an ideal candidate for change. As your newest Forks Township Supervisor, I will serve with integrity, fairness, courage and concern for all members of our community. I will seek out diverse ideas and opinions to formulate new and creative solutions to our complex issues.

I look forward to creating a new era of leadership and especially to meeting all of my neighbors while on the campaign trail. We will be discussing our future!

Sincerely,

David Billings

billings2009@yahoo.com

No comments: